The course will involve reading the Bible intensively and inductively in preparation for class, and then attending interactive classes, covering the major contents, the literary structure and the theology of each book that has been studied.
This course will help students begin to understand the Bible in its original context, and thus to be able to apply the Bible more accurately for today.
When and where?
Classes will take place at GraceLife London every second Saturday of the month for 10 months, and students will be expected to complete reading assignments, and submit coursework, all focused on the books of the Bible being studied.
Who can study?
The course is open to both men and women who desire to intensively study the Bible.
Orientation on Sunday, 12th August 1:30-3:30pm at GraceLife London.
Starts Saturday, 8th September 2018.
Continues every second Saturday of the month from Saturday, 8th September 2018 through to Saturday, 8th June 2019 (total 10 months).
- Intensive Bible reading. By the time you’re done you’ll have read the Bible 2x.
- Writing your own title to each chapter of the Bible.
- Attempting to determine the main themes of each book of the Bible.
- Attendance at classes once a month for ten months:
- Each class will review the material the students have covered in the intervening period.
- These classes will provide instruction with respect to key interpretive difficulties in the books covered.
- There is opportunity for questions and interaction about key themes and interpretive issues.
- Information is provided concerning the best resources for further study in these Biblical books.
- Post class assignments: writing your own outline summary of each book of the Bible to encapsulate its message.